On behalf of the City of Vadnais Heights, we send our deepest sympathies to the family of Daunte Wright. As we all know, Mr. Wright tragically lost his life during a traffic stop in Brooklyn Center. This comes at a particularly emotional time in Minnesota as we all watch the Derek Chauvin Trial and relive the death of George Floyd. These painful moments obligate us to reflect, listen and educate ourselves on how we can make this community better for each other. Conversations on this subject are difficult – remember it’s ok to lean in and normalize being teachable.
The City is committed to working with the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office to ensure that everyone is treated in a fair and equitable manner. We will always work with them to ensure the safety and welfare of our residents.
We understand that this is a time of heightened emotion, stress, and anxiety. The city encourages you to reach out to family members, friends, or others in your support network. You may also benefit from the below resources:
• Ramsey County children’s crisis hotline – 651-266-7878
• Ramsey County adult crisis hotline – 651-266-7900
• National Alliance for Mental Illness helpline – 800-950-6264
• Minnesota crisis hotline – Text “MN” to 741741
• Northeast Youth and Family Services – Provides mental health and community-based support services, 651-486-3808
• United Way 211 – Connects you with mental health experts and resources.
• Volunteers of America – Provides mental health services.