- Doing Business
- Community Development & Building
- Building Services
- Home Improvement Loan Program
Home Improvement Loan Program
About the Program
The City of Vadnais Heights offers home repair loans to residents to encourage home renovation and increase home values within the City. Current available dollars for loans are based upon the fund balance for any given period.
Loan program will open April 1, 2023!
The City of Vadnais Heights has partnered with NeighborWorks Home Partners to administer this loan program. For complete eligibility information and to apply, contact NeighborWorks Home Partners directly:
Property owners with income at or below 100% of the area median income for a family or two or less, or 115% for a family of three or more. Standard underwriting criteria apply including review of a credit report.
- Single family (1-4 unit) detached and attached properties located within the City of Vadnais Heights.
- Must be owner-occupied.
- Condominiums & townhouses, however, only individual interior repairs are eligible.
- The borrower's combined mortgage debt including the Vadnais Heights loan cannot exceed 100% of the property value, based on the taxable market value as determined by Ramsey County for the current year. 65% of the amount of the Vadnais Heights Home Repair Loan will be added to the current value in making this calculation. Applicants may also submit a third party appraisal or market analysis that has been completed within the last 12 months. Such appraisal or market analysis is to be obtained by the applicant at their expense.
- Borrower's existing mortgage must be a prime/A-rate fixed rate mortgage loan.
- Properties that are governed by an active Homeowner's Association must receive written approval for planned exterior improvements in accordance with the guidelines of this loan program and association by-laws and/or covenants.
- Improve the conditions of the exterior of the home including by not limited to roofs, siding, windows, driveways, structural retaining walls, existing fences and other components of the property;
- Improve handicap accessibility; and/or
- Improve energy efficiency (insulation, water heater, mechanical improvements, windows, etc.)
Ineligible Improvements: recreational/luxury improvements, working capital, debt service or refinancing of existing debt.