Business Retention & Expansion Program
About the Program
In 2016, Vadnais Heights conducted a Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) survey with 45 local businesses. In response to the survey results, the City of Vadnais Heights, in partnership with the Vadnais Heights Economic Development Corporation (VHEDC), has launched several projects to ensure that local businesses continue to have skilled employees. A summary report, prepared by the University of Minnesota Duluth and Extension, analyzes the survey data and highlights the identified priority projects.
The Vadnais Heights BR&E task force decided on six priority projects to respond to business concerns and needs.Three of the projects directly respond to workforce issues and three other projects will enhance communications and understanding among businesses, local organizations, and inbound communters. The projects have recently begun and will be developed over time.
- Workforce Resource Connections Event - hosting a one-stop event to surround employers with key contacts and info. from a variety of resource providers.
- Workforce Resources Promotion – developing web-based and publication types of communication tools with workforce information and ideas.
- Connect workers to community resources, amenities, and events - finding additional ways to connect commuter employees of Vadnais Heights’s businesses to the community in which they work.
- Create a marketing plan for the City of Vadnais Heights - including community outreach, economic development, and collaboration.
- Create a newsletter and webpage with informational business topics - filling the gaps in communications with area businesses.
- Establish a task force related to communication between city and businesses - creating engagement with businesses using various methods.
For more information on business retention and expansion from the University of Minnesota Extension: http://bre.umn.edu.
For additional information about the Vadnais Heights BR&E initiative contact the Vadnais Heights Economic Development Corporation, by email or 651-401-3211.