- Our Community
- Moving to Vadnais Heights
- Trash & Recycling
Trash & Recycling
Vadnais Heights is divided into two zones for trash service and recycling services. Each zone has a hauler/recycler assigned to handle the residential pick-ups and billings. The use of zones helps to minimize the wear and tear on streets and provides for better coordination of this service.
The hauler/recyclers are Republic Services (formerly Allied Waste), and Waste Management (WM). If you have questions on services or billings, please contact your hauler directly. Please call City Hall at 651-204-6000 if you do not know which hauler your house address is assigned for service.
- Republic Services: 320-252-9608
- Waste Management: 952-890-1100
Trash is picked up every Wednesday, except for holidays. Recycling is picked up every other Wednesday, except for holidays. If your collection day falls on or after certain holidays, your service will be one day late that week.
To determine which week is your recycling week, please check the map and calendar below.
Containers at Curb
Containers are to be curbside by 7 a.m. on the day of pick-up, regardless of the weather. Trash and recycling will be picked up by 7 p.m. on that day. Please do not place containers at the curb before Wednesday. Containers need to be removed prior to 10 p.m. on the day of pick-up.
Community Clean-Up Day
Clean out those garages, basements, and yards as part of the community clean-up day. The city holds a community clean-up day the fourth Saturday of April every year. View more information on this year's clean-up day.
Commonly Asked Questions
- A to Z Disposal Guide - How can I find out how to recycle or properly dispose of any item?
- Apartment Recycling - How can I recycle at my apartment building?
- Business Recycling - How can I recycle at my business?
- Electronics - How can I dispose of electronics?
- Extra Trash/Bulky Items - What if I have extra bags of trash or bulky items?
- Holiday Recycling - What can I do with my holiday tree and old holiday lights?
- Household Hazardous Waste - How should I dispose of cleaners and pesticides?
- Medicine Collection Program - Where can I dispose of unwanted or expired medication?
- Organics - How can I recycle food waste and non-recyclable paper?
- Single-Sort Recycling Guide (PDF) - What can I recycle at the curb?
- Yard Waste - How can I dispose of yard waste and brush?