2023 Street Improvement Project - Construction Update
Thursday, August 17, 2023
Street Improvements continued on Alpine Avenue, Horizon Street, Elmwood Street, and Lily Pond trail this week:
- All planned watermain improvements were completed on Elmwood Street.
- Elmwood Park improvements continued with the grading of a future parking bay and trail.
- Concrete curb was poured on Alpine Avenue, Horizon Street, and at Elmwood Park. Construction activity in all project areas will slow as the concrete cures. This is to protect the new concrete curb from construction activities before it has hardened, as well as to give homeowners with temporary driveway access restrictions ample parking space on the street.
- Storm Sewer improvements were completed on the Lily Pond trail.
Alpine Avenue and Horizon Street
- Concrete curb is continuing to cure. Please keep off the curb. Once the holes in front of the new curb are filled and the traffic control is removed, you may once again drive on the curb.
- Concrete crews may be on-site later this week to finish concrete curb work. Please stay away from the new curb for 7 days and be mindful of all traffic control in the area.
- Traffic control will remain in place. Please pay attention to signage and remember that traffic will be slower.
- Concrete curb and gutter for the parking bay was completed last week. The concrete crew may be on-site later this week to install a pedestrian ramp for the new trail at Elmwood Park. Please keep vehicles away from the curb until Wednesday, August 17.
Lily Pond Trail
- Some trees were removed last week. The contractor may be on-site this week to remove remaining trees.