2023 Street Improvement Project - Construction Update
Friday, August 4, 2023
Street Improvements continued on Alpine Avenue, Horizon Street, and Elmwood Street this week:
- All planned water main and sanitary sewer improvements on Alpine Avenue and Horizon Street were completed.
- Water main improvements continued on Elmwood Street.
- Sanitary and storm sewer improvements were completed on Elmwood Street.
- Elmwood Park improvements began, including the construction of a future parking bay and trail.
- Storm sewer improvements began on Lily Pond Trail.
Alpine Avenue and Horizon Street
- Removal of spot concrete curb and gutter replacement areas will likely begin early this week. If curb is removed in front of your driveway, you may lose partial access to your home. Please be mindful of any barricades or flashers in the area.
- Concrete curb and gutter installation will likely take place mid-week. Once the concrete is poured, 7 days are required for curing. Please keep all vehicles off of the new curb during that time. Again, if concrete curb is poured directly in front of your driveway, you may only have partial access to your home for 7 days after it is poured. Please be mindful of all traffic control flashers and barriers.
- Traffic control will remain in place. Please pay attention to all signage and remember that traffic will be slower.
- Storm sewer improvements will continue this week.
- Water main improvements will continue early this week. If your water needs to be shut off to perform the necessary improvements, the City will notify you 24 hours in advance via door hanger, unless there is an emergency. Please note, if at any time your water is discolored, you should flush your line by leaving your cold water running. Once the line has been cleared, your water should return to normal. We will be flushing the main line as well, but do not be alarmed if you have issues right away.
- Concrete pouring will likely begin mid-week. Once the concrete is poured, 7 days are required for curing. Please keep all vehicles off of any new concrete during that time and be mindful of any barricades and flashers in the area.
- Traffic control will remain in place. Please pay attention to signage and although you should not lose access to your home for any extended time, traffic will be slower.
- The removal of a small portion of your driveways may take place. You may lose access in and out of your driveway for a short time while the crew is performing removals. Your driveway will be filled in with gravel once removed and your access will be reinstated. This process may take anywhere from approximately 30 minutes to one hour.
Lily Pond Trail
- Ash tree removal will likely take place mid to late next week.