Sewer Problems

If you are having a sewer problem in your home, first determine if it is within your household plumbing. If only some drains are affected, then the problem is within your home and you should call a plumber.

Residents and businesses are responsible for the portion of pipe that runs from their home to the City easement. Tree roots are the most common problem with these lines. If all drains are working and water is backing up a floor drain, the problem could be caused by either your service line to the street or the City's sewer main.

If you are experiencing a sewer backup in your home, please call City Hall at 651-204-6000 during normal business hours. After hours, call the Ramsey County Sheriff at 651-767-0640.