The City of Vadnais Heights annually performs a street improvement project to maintain the city's infrastructure. Streets are selected based on a number of factors, including pavement conditions, years of service, traffic volumes, maintenance costs and available finances. We certainly strive to construct these improvements in a timely fashion to minimize the cost to both the abutting property owners and general taxpayers and disruption to any particular neighborhood. The following residential streets have been selected for review for potential improvements in 2019.
1. Lambert Creek Lane - Bear Avenue South to east cul-de-sac
2. Thomas Court - Lambert Creek Lane to south cul-de-sac
3. Springhill Road - Greenhaven Drive South to Rosebriar Avenue
4. Rosebriar Avenue - Greenhaven Drive to Willow Grove Lane
5. Primrose Court - Primrose Path to west cul-de-sac
6. Wildflower Court - Primrose Path to east cul-de-sac
7. Krey Avenue - Oak Creek Drive South to 300 feet north
8. Oak Creek Terrace - Oak Creek Drive to Oak Creek Drive
9. Twin Lake Boulevard - Vadnais Boulevard to 950 feet west
10. Tessier Trail - 3823 - 3863 (530 feet north of Bear Avenue to start of new cul-de-sac)
This list is only preliminary and will be pared down to meet the available budget.
Residents along these streets have been notified by mail about possible improvements. Neighborhood field meetings were conducted on October 4 and 5. A Feasibility Study (PDF) to determine the estimated project costs and individual assessments has been prepared and is linked. An Open House at City Hall is scheduled from 4:30 to 6:30 pm on Thursday, January 10, 2019. A Public Hearing will take place at the January 22 City Council meeting.
If you have any questions about the 2019 Street Improvement Project or any other public works matters, please contact City Engineer Jesse Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651-204-6050.