Animal Control

Report a Problem

Animal Control for the City of Vadnais Heights is contracted through the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department. You can report an animal control problem by calling the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Services Division, non-emergency dispatch at 651-767-0640.

When reporting an animal control problem or concern, the following information is helpful: 
  • Your name and phone number.
  • Location of the complaint.
  • Description of the complaint.
  • Description of the animal.
  • Possible animal owner information. 

Impounded Animals

All impounded animals are held at Hillcrest Animal Hospital.

Hillcrest Animal Hospital


Hours                                       Phone

1320 Highway 61                                   Monday - Friday:  8 a.m. - 6 p.m.            651-484-7211
Maplewood, MN 55109                          Saturday:              8 a.m. - Noon


For FAQ's and more information on Animal Control, visit the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office website.